Lasik Eye Surgery Cost Surgery Complications
LASIK which stands for laser in-situ keratomileusis, which is the most renowned surgery. It is used to improve or correct sightedness and vision in people who are nearsighted, farsighted or those who have astigmatism.
An ophthalmologist performs the Lasik eye surgery. (A surgeon ) who uses a laser or microkeratome to reshape and correct the eye’s cornea, to improve visual acuity and sightedness.
Lasik eye surgery is done to change the shape of the cornea (the transparent covering on the front part of the eye) permanently. The operation is used to repair, correct or improves vision. Found commonly in people having a problem of eyes
The laser vision correction surgery helps in reshaping the cornea, the transparent covering front part of the eye. So that light can travel and passes through. It correctly focused onto the retina located at the back of the eye.
Lasik Eye Surgery:
The Lasik eye surgery will follow the following steps for an operation to complete, which are the following:
The patient will ask to remove his clothes and change before the surgery. A surgeon will give the patient to intake some medicines. The Lasik surgery usually takes about 10 minutes to complete.
- After that, the surgeon dress and wear the patient’s gown.
- Patient has to clean and shaved his exposed parts where the surgery will take place.
- The surgeon will inject him an injection by which the receptor of the injured area gets numb.
- After that, the surgeon will clean the area with antiseptic.
- The ophthalmologist will place the suction ring on your eye just before cutting the corneal flap. Which may cause a feeling of pressure, and there will not pain, and your vision may dim a little.
- The surgeon will use a tiny blade or cutting laser to cut a small hinged flap away, from the front of the patient’s eye.
- Afterward, the surgeon will fold the flap back that allows the surgeon to access the part of your cornea to reshape and correct.
- The surgeon will use an instrument called a microkeratome or femtosecond laser which use to create a thin flap in the cornea.
- The surgeon will peel or fold back the corneal flap which would be painless, and he will be underlying corneal tissue will reshape using another laser.
- When the surgeon reshapes the cornea after that, it can do focus light onto the retina properly.
- After that, the corneal flap will put back in place, and the surgery will complete.
- Lasik surgery is performed while the patient is under local anesthesia in the form of eye drops there may not need to inject medicines.
Although every surgery has its difficulties and risks after surgery. The Lasik eye surgery also would have its complications and risks after surgery which are giving below:
- In the start, for the first six months after the surgery, patient’s eyes may feel unusually dry because of the lack of tear production after that, they heal and improve.
- After surgery, the patient can have problem and difficulty while seeing at night. He can notice glare, halos around bright lights or double vision at the same spot. That will be for a few days to few weeks.
- Sometimes if the laser removes tiny, little tissue from the patient’s eye, he will not get the clearer vision results he was hoping for. For that, he will treat by LASIK surgery again after some time.
- Astigmatism may also cause by the removal of tissues a by the laser during surgery.
Lasik eye surgery cost varies in different hospitals. Which is depends on the expenses of machines, instruments taxes, surgeon’s fees, and others?
Lasik surgery performed in the United States in 2017. The average cost of the surgery was around $2,088 for each eye according to the report which prepared by a leading vision care industry analytics company.
There are also some facilities to pay the fees for this surgery which areTax-friendly savings options, which are like Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, or Health Reimbursement Arrangement. That would help you to save for surgery of Lasik and others.